Monday 6 November 2017

Update

If anyone's still out there: hello!
I thought I'd just give you a brief update on what I've been up to these past months (I mean, there's a million and one other uni-related things I probably should be doing right now, but yeah, why not...)

I'm now in my third year of university. THIRD. Crazy.
I honestly can't believe that I've actually lasted out this long. I mean, my flatmates still refuse to let me use a tin-opener (that's a story for another day), but apart from that, I think I've really nailed this whole independent living thing.
I'm living in the same flat that I lived in last year, with some of the same people - but we have some new flatmates, who are really lovely, and we've all bonded really well! Sometimes I wish I'd moved into a house this year, so that I'd have more of that "living in a house" kind-of feel (if you get what I mean?!), but then I remember how much effort that would have been, and how much commuting I would have to do every morning and evening, and then I reconsider (apart from when I remember how awful my letting company is, and then I dream about nice houses again)...

And third year is bleeding stressful - I feel like I'm working just about all the time, and every time I feel relaxed I start to stress about how I should actually be feeling stressed.
So, yeah, everything's cool here...

On another note, over the summer, I managed to get my first ever proper job!
It was on checkouts at a supermarket, and it was a rollercoaster from start to finish (I had some very lovely customers, and then I had some very awkward customers), but y'know, I made some friends, I got some regulars (cue German family who came to my till on a Sunday morning at 11am for 3 weeks), I made some moneys - which is always handy!
I also did a bit of volunteering one afternoon a week, so my summer seemed a lot more hectic than last year's (which I was very grateful for!!)
And I know it sounds horrifically cheesy (and slightly pains me to say), but I feel like I actually managed to "grow as a person" [ouch] over the summer. Though evidently my blogging style remains almost exactly the same. Cool.

Also, since coming back to university, I've taken up rowing. Anyone who knows me would say that I am probably one of the least sporty people they have ever met - I have very limited upper body strength; lack general coordination; lack hand-eye coordination; lack stamina [the list goes on and on forever]... But my friend runs the indoor training sessions, and it's something I've been wanting to do for a while (and I need something to keep me from going insane!!!), so I thought "why not"
I'm excited to see how long I last out!!!!

Oh, and also I've managed to make a fool of myself on many more occasions. Mostly on drunken nights out (I say mostly, I mean twice). Mostly involving the opposite sex (again, twice). Mostly involving me remembering after the occasion why I don't really drink. But at least I have cool stories, right?!

Anyhoo, you probably won't hear from me again for months. That may be an exaggeration [Truth: that is most likely a promise]. I admit wholeheartedly to being a terrible blogger (you know this by now).

Adios amigos!
R x

No comments:

Post a Comment