Thursday 31 October 2013

Tea Issues (A Stereotypical British Rant)

I don't know if it's just me, but there's always that moment in life when someone makes you a cup of tea and it's just not quite right and you just have to stand there in front of them and pretend that everything's fine, when in fact you're debating whether or not to make a comment (but you're too socially awkward to do that anyway, so...) or something.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fussy tea-drinker (I understand that this is completely contradicted however by above statement) and my love for tea won't be destroyed by one dodgy cup, but it's just that it's a constant circle of dodgy cups (which is fine) by the same one person (which is not fine).
So, if I blatantly emphasise that I don't want sugar, and I'm given three teaspoons, then fine. But if I keep blatantly emphasising every time I'm offered a cup of tea by that one person that I don't want sugar and there is sugar in my tea, then I will start to get annoyed.

So, a warning to all. If you ever go to make me a cup of tea, please don't. I do love you and all, but it's such tough turf to tread on...

No comments:

Post a Comment