Saturday 7 June 2014

The Liebster Award

Hello!

So, I've been nominated for a Liebster Award *yayayayayay*!
A massive thank you to Sarah from A Glimpse of Blue for the nomination! :)
















The rules are as followed:
1. Link the blogger that nominated you
2. Answer the 11 questions they have written for you
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself
4. Nominate other bloggers with under 200 followers who you think deserve the award
5. Post 11 questions for your nominees

Ok, so first things first, here are the questions I was given:

1.  If money wasn't an object, what would you do?
Travel. I'd love to be able to visit loads of countries, and spend time with the locals, and learn the languages...

2. What is your favourite book and why?

There's so many to choose from!!!
Probably 'Like Water for Chocolate' by Laura Esquivel.  I read it as part of my English A Level course and really, really liked it. 

3. If you could spend the day with anyone (has to be a real person) throughout all of history, what would you do and what would you talk about?

Probably King Henry VIII, because I love the Tudor era. But I'd make sure that it was before he divorced/beheaded all of his wives (etc.), and warn him that his favourite wife was going to die.

Actually, there's also Sophocles - I'd ask him (inquisitively) what inspired him to write 'Oedipus Tyrannus' - and Charles II (because everyone loves Charles II!)
We could have a tea party!!!

4. Sweet or savoury?

I like both! But I think I'll have to go with sweet today. Mainly because I'm craving pancakes and strawberry ice-cream!

5. What five songs would be on the soundtrack to your life?

- All You Need Is Love by The Beatles
- Don't Worry, Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin
- Can't Help Falling In Love by Elvis Presley
- Not Crying by Flight of the Conchords
- One Day Like This by Elbow

6. (I'm stealing Freya's here ^^) Why did you start blogging?
The reason I tend to go with is that I have this book that I won in a magazine competition when I was 8 called '101 Things To Do Before You're Old and Boring'. And last summer, I'd finished my exams and had about 10 weeks before I had to go back to school, and I decided that I'd start a blog, because I didn't really have the money or effort to build a treehouse or travel to another country! 

7. If you could be invisible for one day, what would you do?
Another hard one! Probably something really boring and highly clichéd, like moving inanimate objects or scaring people.   

8. What is your favourite thing to do with friends?

Most of my friends are musical so I really like browsing music shops with them. I also really enjoy movie nights, playing card games, and sitting in coffee shops with them!

9. Most embarrassing childhood moment?

I was in drama group once and we were doing dance, and I was wearing this really weird pair of velvet-feel trousers (don't ask). I was sitting on the stage and as I jumped off to go and join in, my trousers caught on a loose nail on the side of the stage, and they ripped. In an unfortunate position. And then I had to do 2 hours of dance with ripped trousers. Yeah...

10. If you could live in any fictional universe, what would it be and why?

I don't know if it counts as a fictional universe, but I'd love to live on Gallifrey, because I really like Doctor Who!

11. Fashion or comfort? - Definitely comfort. Although I do like to dress up, I could live in oversized jumpers and t-shirts...

11 Random Facts About Myself:
1. I'm 5"2 and have only grown half an inch since I was 12
2. As a child, I secretly dreamt of marrying Peter Parker and living with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
3. I love the smell of vanilla, freshly-cut grass and chlorine
4. I enjoy Greek mythology
5. My favourite season is Autumn
6. I'm fluent in 2 languages
7. I love learning - I get joy out of learning new things!
8. My favourite superheroes are Spiderman and The Hulk
9. I currently have a slight obsession with Game of Thrones
10. I don't have any pets
11. I used to have an Australian pen-pal

Nominees:
F from The Fence of Stars
Rebecca from Rebecca Maria Photography

And here are my questions for you:
1. What is your all-time favourite film, and why?
2.  Do you speak any languages other than English?
3.  What is your dream job?
4.  Do you play any instruments?
5.  What would be your perfect day?
6. If you could have any superpower, what would it be, and why?
7. What inspired you to blog?
8. If you could swap places with any celebrity/politician/person-of-relative-fame for a day, who would it be, and what would you do?
9.  The Indoors or The Outdoors?
10. If you could live in any historical era, where would it be?
11. You can travel to any place in the world - free of charge. Where do you go?





1 comment:

  1. Thanks very much for the award! Also, interesting questions!
    :)

    ReplyDelete