Friday 24 January 2014

Over-thinking Timelines

Sometimes I wonder whether I was born in the right era.  Don't get me wrong, I have no substantial gripes against the 21st century (apart from the usual war, politics etc. etc.), but sometimes when I think about it, I wonder how different my life would've been had I lived in a different time.

This evening, I watched a documentary called 'Festival!' on the Newport Folk Festivals during the 60s, and realised that if I was born in America during the 1950s, I'd probably have been one of those people there. One of the kids in the black-and-white film, expressing their opinions on life and love and war and music. I'd have been the one fan-girling over Bob Dylan and crying to Joan Baez.  The one making up lyrics to the strumming of a guitar simply because "folk is expressive creativity".

That kind-of scares me, and I don't know why.






No comments:

Post a Comment