Friday 10 July 2015

Current Thoughts - I Sometimes Wish I Was A Tree

  
I sometimes wish I was a tree.


Not a huge tree – just a little sapling;

An innocent fixture in this huge world,

Where darkness and beauty coincide.

 

And if I were this tree

I’d feed on nature’s radiance;

Bask in rays of sunshine;

Inhale the pollution of the world

 

Exhale purity.

 

I’d grow to be protector.

My boughs a shade from corruption;

In the shelter of my leaves

Man would unite harmoniously.

 

The world would stand witness

To this miraculous feat:

Bringer of peace;

Maker of forgiveness.

 

I sometimes wish I was this tree

Just this little sapling;

An innocent fixture in this huge world,

Where darkness and beauty coincide.

2 comments:

  1. When I thinking about, after I read your text I also sometimes I was a tree. Trees have many positive sites, without them we can't life. Trees are wonderful creations, no wonder that we looking up to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your wonderful comment, Lea!! There are so many positives to trees - I feel guilty that I don't notice them a lot of the time. But, like you say, they give life. Without them we would be nothing. :)

      Delete